View Single Post
Old
10-14-2013, 11:14 PM
Gresch04

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by beef 4 lunch View Post
I have to disagree with you folks that say we have ridiculous talent. Yes Lundqvist, but tell me whose talent level is ridiculous among our forwards. Rick Nash? Our best forward. Is he a top 15 winger in the league? Brad Richards is our top left winger? This is one of the least talented group of forwards I can remember.

For this team to succeed, AV will need a miracle.

The greatest delusion of the optimistic NYR fan is our level of talent. BTW, not sure how you exist given 1 success in the last 73 years.

The goalie is elite, the defense is just above average, and the forwards are well below average. This team played WAY above its talent two years ago - an enormous effort that was exhausting - grind, grind, grind. Couldn't do it again, too exhausting and disappointing to repeat.

It's not fun watching this team over the last 15 years - always a new excuse for why we're close but not quite good enough. Let me let you in on a little secret, we're not CLOSE.

Gretzky was the last team that had a shot - as a cinderella story with a legends last run. Now THAT was fun to watch. This sucks year after year after year.