View Single Post
Old
01-17-2004, 05:16 PM
swflyers8*

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeofWindsor
Nothing against Weinrich, but he hit Tie, and Tie stood up for himself. What was he supposed to think?. "Oh, he's a non-fighter, he is allowed to do whatever he wants to anyone" ??
I don't think that we are saying Tie shouldn't stick up for himself but what is the point with 90 seconds left, losing 4-0, what's the point of punching him in the head?
It adds insult to injury for the Leafs. It shows that they should have put up a fight much earlier.

Great game by the Flyers. Great game by Esche. Good news that he is playing vs. Montreal as well. Everyone played well. The Leafs wanted to bring the physical aspect into the game and we countered it. Difference is we didn't take ourselves out of plays to lay the big hit.

Sorry about Rico, but like in the other thread, maybe this will lead to getting a bruiser of a d-man. I don't mind Vandy but a vet (not so old one) on the blueline would be a relief on nights when Hack is in net.

Although, Randy Jones has good size at 6'2 and so is James Laux. This guy looks like he has some bulk to him. I guess we'll have to see how well Jimmy steps up for this opportunity.