View Single Post
Old
10-15-2013, 08:47 AM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Good synopsis. The fact that 75% of the team is without a contract next year is a scary proposition. What if this poor play continues to near the trade deadline? What does the team do then? Common sense says make some shrewd trades and start this thing over - the right way.

Is Sather going to be willing to do that? He hasnt shown the willingness to do it in 13 years. I doubt he lets a rebuild be his parting shot to the organization. He has too much pride for that. My point is, this team is coming to a crossroads very quickly. Theres no better time to change the leadership than very, very soon. If Sather stays on and is allowed to deal with the question marks going into next year and beyond, we're doomed for even longer.
I freaking hope so. Deal away some of the older pieces who they don't want to re-sign and let some of the young players play, or, do what Doug Wilson did. Trade Clowe for (2) 2nd's and trade for Torres with a 3rd. He fit the mold of what they wanted to do much more and they were able to recoup some assets. Why can this organization not do something like that?