View Single Post
Old
10-15-2013, 11:51 AM
KreiMeARiver*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
I know that in the truest sense of the word, there's a lot that would have to happen for the Rangers to be considered legit contenders to win it all.

What I mean by contender is a team that has the potential capability to get to the 3rd round and maybe make an appearance in the finals.

(both are long shots I know)

I just feel with the scatter-brained approach to building a team, the Rangers are going to lose their best player for nada.
This ideology has been in place for years, and isn't going to change anytime soon. We thought things had changed because we got lucky with a few decent guys (Staal, etc.) but after the Nash trade, and with subsequent moves ( and lack thereof) it became more and more apparent that this is indeed the same 'ol Rangers.

Sather needs to go. We always come back to this. The problem is we will never be bad enough to draft elite talent because Dolan needs butts in seats, and will spend money on overpriced free agent "star-appeal" to keep them there.

A good GM could probably make this work, but we have Sather.

Sather got cocky thinking he could fire Torts and just plug in some other coach with these players, but yeah...no so much.