View Single Post
Old
10-15-2013, 01:22 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoot Whoot View Post
Half the posts are about boyle can score 20 goals and have are that he sucks. Yet we "don't know the game" because we think he can get 20? I don't get it.

He is underperforming and he doesn't use his size that well. He looks slow on his feet - that one season he worked on his skating he was a demi-god now he is just a nobody.
He doesn't use his body to make hits, that's why he's 2nd on the team in hits and 1st amongst forwards. He doesn't use his body to protect the puck and that's why he's one of 5 players, 4 forwards, who have a giveaway:takeaway ratio of 1:1 or higher. He doesn't use his body to challenge the opposition and stickup for teammates and that's why he got 4 minutes going after Brad Stuart. Pft, this guy's a "nobody", we should dump him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
I love Boyle. Partly because people around here that I disagree with hates him. But mostly because he is a good player at his position. And elevates his game in the PO and out scores Nash. Top value.
3rd liner, big body, chips in an occasional goal, and becomes that huge role player in the playoffs. You can't have too many guys like that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Boyle parlayed that season into $5.1M over 3 years. He hasn't done much since 10-11.
Which is still respectably below league avg salary. Players with comparable salaries are found here and none are too stellar.

Last edited by vipernsx: 10-15-2013 at 01:28 PM.
vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote