View Single Post
Old
10-15-2013, 02:28 PM
bernmeister

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
I mentioned that Kreider should be up over Miller. My guess is that AV liked what he saw from Miller in pre-season. AV has no history with Kreider. All he saw was a player that, for the most part, was a no show in pre-season, when a spot was there for the taking.

What I don't like from AV, is that he had Miller on the 4th line and not at center.
The onus is on AV, like everyone to be honest. And correct accordingly.

What did AV have Kreider do in preseason.

Play some shifts, mostly normal game, w/Miller + assorted RWs. Miller at C + CK at W looked synergisticaly terif together (cause they both have legit speed).

He also had CK play some minutes with Boyle/Pyatt which was exercise in stupidity as being a mismatch.

He also directed CK to specifically get time screening opposing Gs and working for a tip in. There is nothing wrong with deflections or any other kind of specialty drills. However, when it is a new situation w/new system checking out unfamiliar players fitting into same, arguably forcing Kreider to put so much time just into that was not necessarily the smartest move.

Kreider did as he was told. He still has his speed, shot and size, he will be fine if given min 2nd line minutes at LW with Miller in the middle AND Callahan/Fast as RW.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote