View Single Post
Old
10-15-2013, 02:35 PM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callahan Auto View Post
I have to say that I noticed a decline in play that started last year. He makes a lot of bad decisions with the puck in the defensive zone and a lot of his defensive value is derived from shot blocking. I also think he's misused at time, there's no real reason for him to ever be on the PP. Girardi's value is still pretty high all things considered but he doesn't fit AV's system at all. He's also taking a bunch of physical wear so I wouldn't be surprised to see a decline as he progresses through his next contract.

Don't interpret this as dislike for the player, I LOVE Girardi. He's a warrior and selfless teammate. I just agree that it would be a decent idea to use him to acquire a defenseman that would better suit our new team direction. I have no idea what his value would bring back in a trade, though.

Maybe Girardi+Kristo or Kreider could bring us back an exciting young forward and a capable righthanded defenseman.
All I know is a SMART team sees where he's headed, and moves him for a return before having to overpay for what he is and what he will become. We need to sell high on him. Anyone who knows the financial markets will understand why he MUST be moved, this season.

That said, we'll probably give him 5/5.5 haha

KreiMeARiver is online now   Reply With Quote