View Single Post
Old
10-15-2013, 04:00 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

vCash: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by bone View Post
I'm convinced that the Oilers have at least one 6 game winning streak, or at least 16-17 points in 10 game stretch in them this year. Unfortunately, the longer this goes on the less of an impact that stretch will have. I still can't see them finishing below .500 and as such the best the draft would produce is likely outside the top 8.

Best not to panic yet. The team is playing decently overall other than some lapses to be expected of a team learning a brand new system and experiencing horrifying goaltending. There is bound to be a hot streak here soon to progress the goaltending numbers back to the mean and then all should be okay.

Fluke out a win or point tonight, and the next 5 games are against winnable opponents making October salvageable (remember we expected a bad start due to the injuries to our top 2 centres pre-season).
I'll feel a lot better if MacT makes a deal for a goaltender in the next couple days. And we were expecting a bad October due to RNH being out and expecting Arcobello not to be able to hold his own. With RNH coming back and Arcobello playing pretty well I dont think we can use that for an excuse anymore. The system is definitely still a work in progress but they are learning and I'm not expecting miracle with that and hoping they can start shutting teams down within the next 20 games. But we absolutely need to address the goaltending within the next few games if we want to get back in the playoff chase IMO.