Old
12-05-2006, 02:52 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosetache View Post
Dave, just wondering why you thought Stillman would be playing with Walker and Staal. Where do you expect Cole to go?? My bet is that Cole, Staal, Stillman will re-unite (at some point, probably after a couple games) and Walker will be added to the third line along with Belanger and whoever Lavvy has a chub for that night....he has been all over the place with the third and fourth line combos lately.
It's mostly from the defensive pressure and powerplay standpoint that I think that. Belanger and Walker were clicking prety well at the begining of the season and I have no doubts that they would do so again. Opposing defenses would still be keyed in on whatever line Staal is on as well as the Brind'Amour line. That will open up room for our 3rd line to do some damage offensively.

The powerplay is prety obvious in and of itself. Stillman had an absolutely HUGE role on the powerplay last season and his presence should almost certainly help out as far as generating scoring chances goes. Walker should still be getting a good amount of ice time by all acounts. I see Stillman taking away powerplay time from Letowski more then anyone else at this point.

DaveG is online now   Reply With Quote