Old
10-15-2013, 10:31 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
What if Staal bolts to Carolina?
What if Stralman gets a 5/20M contract over the summer?

Listen, I know where you're coming from. But I also know where he's coming from.

5 games isn't enough time to properly evaluate what we really have right now, especially when you factor in certain elements impacting our play to start the year.

Give it a few weeks. Let the players grasp the new system. Then analyze what moves can make us better.

Patience isn't something that comes easy for us Rangers fans, especially when you've had to witness the nonsense Sather's riddled us with. But shaking things up now can be the wrong move in 2 months when our team is playing up to their capabilities.

Well said.

And what gets me is that nobody seems to think that the schedule, the opponents, and the dudes playing goal for said opponents have anything to do with what's happened.

Nope. It's all Sathers fault and Del Zottos fault and Boyles fault. The 1-4 start has NOOOOOOOTHING to do with not only five of the better teams in the West, but five of the better home teams in the league.

Play those teams four times in six nights, and a 1-4 start with little to cheer for is very discernible.

The teams the Rangers have faced so far were a combined 81-29-10 at home a year ago.

This year, the same teams are a combined 12-2 at home.

You dont blow up a team after a 1-4 trip. If anybody wants to point their ansgt at somebody or something, point it towards the schedule makers and MSG for these BS renovations that cant be finished on time.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote