View Single Post
Old
10-16-2013, 06:20 AM
alkurtz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
Lots of negative adjectives in this post trying to mask the complete lack of analysis and countervailing argument.

I beg to differ.

Although I respect what you have to say, I reject it totally. Although you may raise some cogent points, I think that your viewpoint is absolutely incorrect and your analysis shallow and not well thought out.

Is AV the man for the job? Honestly, I don't know. Time will tell.

But to put this all on him after only 5 games is just absurd. To believe that he is showing panic only 5 games into a 5 year contract is a total misreading of the situation.

Certainly there are many negatives regarding this team right now. But, as Tawnos said earlier in this thread, teams are never as bad as they appear when they are on a losing streak or as good as they seem when they are on a winning streak.

Things will get better, how much remains to be seen.

As an experienced and successful coach hired for those very qualities, he has the right to make the team over in his image. That will take time. Whether that will bring success is not known. AV will handle poor play in his own way: I certainly didn't like the way that Torts did it. Whether I like AV's way remains to be seen. I don't know him well enough yet.

If anyone is to blame here, it is Sather. Perhaps some poor player decisions but more so in allowing Torts to become out of control and, in many ways become larger than the team. It is going to take time to undo that damage. I'm one to give Torts credit for building a team identity, but it got out of hand.

It has nothing to do with Sather's age. There are terrible young GMs, and good older ones. Sather is just a bad GM, period.

The bottom line is that AV needs time to mold this team. Right now it is beyond bad. But it is not his fault.......yet. It might be in the future. We don't have enough information yet to judge him objectively. We need to see how he handles the ups and downs and the emotional roller coaster of a season....see how he handles a crisis....see how he handles underachieving players.

To blame him after 5 games shows a total lack of intelligent analysis. It smacks of an emotional response. I'm as upset with this team as anyone, as emotionally distraught by this team's play as anyone. It's terrible right now. Whether it still will be after AV has his way with it...only time will tell.

alkurtz is offline   Reply With Quote