Old
10-16-2013, 07:01 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManByng View Post
I think that Hemsky and Yak would be gone before Eberle goes anywhere. and I doubt Nuge goes before Gagner does either, but trading centers with such a thin amount of good ones in the system isn't something I would want to do at the moment.
One thing you need to ask yourself is WHO is used to losing and who is hard to play against?

Let's say you traded Gagner, Acrobello, Eberle, Dubby, Yakupov, our 2014 1st rounder and Justin Schultz and went looking for a tougher 2nd line center, a power forward winger, a starting goalie and a top pairing d-man.

Yeah. I know. That's a helluva shopping list, but that's also a ton of talent to put on the table.

Hall-Hopkins-Power forward
Perron-Tougher center-Hemsky
Joensuu -Gordon- unknown/Jones/something else we get out of the deal(s)
Gazdic-Action/something else we get out of the deal(s)-Brown/Jones

Smid-Legit #1 d-man
Ference-Petry
Schultz - Belov

Real starting goalie
Lolbarbara

That's a helluva lot of changes, but it's the direction we need to go in if we want to get in the right direction. We need to shoot for pieces that will make us a team that will:

1: Put the fear of god into other players by wearing them physically
2: Give us a chance to win every night
3: Have the right quality of depth at all positions.

If you ask me, that team I just drew out there looks very powerful. If Mac-T were able to make that happen over the next season, we'd easily be a playoff team for the 14/15 season and after that the Oilers would need to start paying more attention to minor league development and scouting to keep the ball rolling.