View Single Post
Old
10-16-2013, 09:59 AM
Mikos87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Ramsay View Post
To me, it looks more as if they are not sure where to go (in defensive zone coverage in particular)

They look like a team going through a transition in mindset and game-plan. It's purely conjecture on my part but they look like they don't know how to execute fluidly with the way AV wants to play because many players on this team still have a lot of the same manners and reactions to how they've had to play the past few years.

I'm not trying to make excuses, but this team as it is constructed is not a very physical team, not a very fast team, and not a team loaded with top end offensive talent.

And for whatever reason they were not prepared mentally for the start on the west coast, and in strange way I feel like coming back to the east coast is going to do a lot of GOOD for this team...... maybe not though, I could be wrong
Yeah I see what you're saying. There are a few factors with turn overs out of the D-zone, starting with winning draws and set breakouts.

Frankly I believed that AV had it easy coming in to be able to do what Torts couldn't/wouldn't. Torts' idea of a stretch pass out the zone was to air it out and have Hagelin chase it down. With some practice time I think the team can get that together.

If AV can instill a little puck poise, and have a steady PP on top of what's been routine for the guys then I think the best of all worlds are at play.

As far as trading DZ or Girardi, if one of the kids from Hartford doesn't show the ability to play a top 6 role then the best way to fleece another team for one of theirs is trade a minute muncher on the backend. Which if not replaced, definitely means a losing a lot of games because the D can't match-up against other teams.

Mikos87 is offline   Reply With Quote