View Single Post
10-16-2013, 11:38 AM
NYR Stats Geek
vCash: 50
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Seems like a pretty good deal for the Rangers. It stinks to high heaven for Toronto, especially with the 1st round throw in pick.
The 1st makes it kinda lopsided after I thought about it a bit. Other than that, it's a fair deal. Gardiner will be great IMO but he's still relatively unproven on a team with plenty of puck movers on the backend, too many almost. Also, Reilly will be ready very soon, and will make Jake even more expendable. Toronto really need a player like Girardi, too many of their d-men have no real shutdown ability. Phaneuf can't do it all.

Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Re: Girardi for Gardiner. I don't get it. We're going to take a defensive D on a team that is struggling defensively and exchange him for a young D who has had problems defensively in the NHL (plus other pieces)? That makes sense.

Re: Girardi for Gardiner: I don't get it. We're going to take our best right defenseman on a team that is already switching a D from left to right and exchange him for a left defenseman (plus other pieces)? That makes sense.
The consensus is that Girardi will not succeed in a system where all defensemen have to be always active and mobile. Also, I'm in the club that believes he has peaked and will only deteriorate from this point on. The trade makes sense.

Raspewtin is online now   Reply With Quote