View Single Post
Old
10-16-2013, 12:40 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan View Post
Going by the posts, it looks like people are finally starting to accept the fact that we don't have much offensive talent. Hopefully those same people have realized that the **** they were spewing about Torts holding this team back was laughable. He got the most out of this team and it's a shame we are stuck watching garbage now.

At least with Torts you KNEW we were going to be a solid, hard working team that was going to make the playoffs. Now even that is a wonder.
Put the quote in another thread but maybe this is better place to put it:

Quote:
“I’m excited to see what their new style is like,” Karl Alzner said. “It was always really frustrating playing against them because as D you could never get a puck through. They’re super tough on the forecheck, it was a hard game for us. I’m curious to see what they’re going to be like and how they’re going to play their guys differently. You know in the back of their head they still have a little bit of Tortorella barking at them, so I’m sure we’ll still see a few of the same things.”
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...familiar-with/

Find it hard to believe Alzner is only Capital or player around the league who feels this way.

Again, think Vigneault is good coach and he can have success here but it's going to take a lot of time and some roster moves before that can happen. Won't be the smooth and seamless transition to more goals and more success that people thought firing Torts would bring. Yet, the team being taken in another direction under Sather.

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote