View Single Post
Old
10-16-2013, 02:54 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe McGrath View Post
I'd give Bellemore a minus on the Korpikoski goal. Eric put him in a bad spot but he took away neither the shot nor the pass on a 2 on 1, and was laying on his face while doing so.
I dunno, I feel like that's a situation where the defenseman just has to block the low lane and hope for the best. Since he's defending a guy coming out of the corner, he doesn't know where the other guy is in the slot behind him. He can't back up and take the slot man because the shooter will just walk it in front. He can't take the shot because it's too far away. He can't defend the high lane because even a mite player will go back-door if given the opportunity.

So he did the only thing he could do in that position -- denied the low-slot passing lane completely and cut off the front of the net from the shooter. Ribeiro was able to pass around him because he was just THAT open to begin with, and Hainsey couldn't have known he needed to cover down. To me, the defensemen were just completely screwed over by Staal's poor decisions.

tarheelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote