View Single Post
Old
10-16-2013, 03:51 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
He got out as much offense as he could. Trying something different for something's different sake is not the answer. The moves needed to be an upgrade. Torts record is vastly better than AV's.
Torts played the team to get maximum success.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Maybe, just maybe, he realized that the good fundamentals he instilled collapse like a house of cards the moment he tries to open up the offense. Its especially true with a sketchy roster in the first place.
If this current cluster**** continues, I'd certainly buy into that thought. I predict, before too long, you see Vigneault installing a system that looks a helluva lot like Torts' old one.
His system was great for regular season success. I really didn't have a problem with the team's ability to score goals in the regular season, unlike a lot of people here. To go from middle of the pack in the regular season, offensively, to numbers in the playoffs that would've been bottom of the barrel during the regular season and not having any kind of answer for it... that's the problem.

And yeah, sometimes trying something different for the sake of something different can be the answer. Right now, we have no idea what the deal is with this team. Anyone claiming that they do is just simply sitting there with their fingers crossed that they're right (or wrong, if it's a negative view). Tortorella has a .541 points % in the regular season and a .494 winning percentage in the playoffs. Vigneault has a .581 points % in the regular season and a .500 winning % in the playoffs. Tortorella has won 1 more game in his best playoff year than AV did in his. TB, Torts doesn't have a "vastly better record." Sometimes all you really need is a new voice and a new way of doing things. We will see.