View Single Post
Old
10-16-2013, 05:45 PM
Dorian2
Positional Bias.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
The team has a garbage record thus both Eakins and MacT have done a crap job. This is not some 1st year of a 1st round picks year anymore. I have liked some of Eakins moves but friggin hate some of them. (Yakupov benching). MacT failed monstrously re 'goatending' after he failed to land his coveted starters by settling for total scrubs like Bachman and Lababera as backups.

In any case he better get it figured out soon because being totally behind the 8 ball after 20 games re playoffs would be a sheer and utter joke.
Oh c'mon Beerfish. There was only so much MacT could do given the dire situation that Tambo created here over the last 4 or 5 years.

Did you honestly expect Mactavish to magically erase the teams problems with Defense, depth on the top 3 lines, depth at center, coaching issues, as well as the goaltending. MacT already pretty much stated at the beginning of his tenure that he wasn't all about the goaltending situation that the Oilers have got themselves in.

No GM in the Nhl can make all the changes that MacT was faced with in that short span of time. I think Mactavish is gonna come through when we need him to.

Also...more on topic, I like what Eakins is doing so far. There doesn't seem to be a lot of "favoritism" going on when he's making decisions like sitting certain players. Either you play like you should be able to, or you get sat.

I expect more of our so called "star" players to be benched throughout the year.

Time to give up the lollipops and rainbows fantasy on this team.

Time to pay the piper.