View Single Post
Old
10-16-2013, 05:58 PM
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning

vCash: 1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
The team seems to be a bit more focused on developing younger players to fix perceived holes. Schroeder got a bit more playing time than I expected his first game back. The trade for Dalpe is self explanatory. Stanton is a young waivers grab and Weber is just 24. Kassian, Sestito and Weise round out a group of young players that the team hopes will take steps here.

Given that information, I wonder if doing a trade for a vet makes sense? The trend speaks to the opposite. Perhaps they have their eye on a few more 22-24 year old players, much like Dalpe, that could be developed into something better. Maybe that's what they will continue to look for on the trade route from now on? It would certainly keep them away from paying a premium cost for matured assets...
We've been acquiring young players because we don't have the cap space for any established effective roster players, and Gillis is still willing to give Booth a chance.

At the dealine if we have some more cap space for an acquisition then I don't think it would be super unlikely we don't make an acquisition, especially if the team is playing lethargically. While the Roy trade has probably turned Gillis off pure rentals, acquiring someone signed for longer, or someone we are confident of re-signing shouldn't be out of the question.