View Single Post
Old
12-06-2006, 01:43 AM
BadNewsBearcat

vCash: 500
Hey guys,

Flames fan here that got a chance to attend the game... plus I got Cam Ward's autograph afterwards which is also a bonus (On a side note those Stanley Cup rings are MASSIVE). Been following him since his midget AAA days here in Alberta.

Anyways, the game was alright, guess I'm a little down because I didn't actually get to see Ward play, but hopefully he can shut down Edmonton tomorrow night, so that'll make up for it.

We were lucky to get that quick first goal, kind of put the Canes back on their heels early, but then again, for the rest of the first we were playing extremely defensive.

However, as the rest of the game went on, especially the second, we did not sit back as much. However, with the two goal lead, and 20 minutes remaining, it wasn't surprising to see the Flames keep the shutout. That's how they play. Although, I was surprised to see Kipper get the first star of the night, because other than a couple chances, he wasn't really tested tonight. Our d played extremely well tonight, and I especially liked our combo of Kobasew and Lombardi. However, after seeing Staal first hand tonight, I can see how he made Kobasew a 40 goal scorer in the minors. Also, I was impressed with the play of Babchuk. How has he been playing for you guys this year??

Anyways, it's disappointing that I won't have the chance to see the canes until another 3 or 4 years, but I wish you guys and your team the best of luck the regular season. Hopefully, we see you in the finals.

BadNewsBearcat is offline   Reply With Quote