View Single Post
Old
10-16-2013, 09:37 PM
robwangjing

vCash: 500
I actually contacted a club in the Netherlands and asked them if there was any option for a try-out or a contract for me.

They told me that I was very welcome for a try-out and that I would most likely get a spot on the team. But he could not guarantee me much ice time.

What I told him about myself was simply that I started with hockey late, had played for a very short time and that he should consider me as a beginner/amateur. I also told him that I am OK with skating but not good. My puck-handling is mediocre and I don't shoot very well. I am short(175cm) and kind of skinny(75kg).

I told him something like this, and also that I was interested in getting better at hockey and felt the Dutch league could be good for me. Also that my interest was to be a goaltender or a defenseman.

This is the 2nd highest league in the Netherlands that I am talking about, not the Eredivisie. But I contacted a Eredivisie-club that had another team in the league below.

So my suggestion to you would be to contact Dutch clubs about the possibility to play in the first or second league in the Netherlands. I think that if you are good they will pick you up to the Eredivisie. And if you are too good for that league then other teams in other leagues in Europe will have heard of you.

Try to send them an e-mail. And I wish you the best of luck.

Ps. If I remember correctly the team as Eindhoven.

robwangjing is offline   Reply With Quote