View Single Post
10-16-2013, 11:58 PM
Callahan Auto
Rational Police
vCash: 500
I don't think Zucc is going to pan out in this system because he's not that strong of a skater or shooter. On the wings, you need at least one of those things (hopefully both).

Personally, I'm not sure how Girardi fits in this system (even though he played great tonight). Same goes for Boyle and Pyatt (which is kind of weird considering that his best seasons were for the same coach). Boyle could work as a faceoff winning 4th line C but Moore is good at that and Boyle has more value to other teams. I'm also not huge on Pouliot's game through this point in the season even though one would assume that he was brought in to play this style of hockey. Dorsett is best suited on a grind it out team, he has not shown that he has the brain for Vigneault hockey.

Not everyone fits and a handful of the names mentioned are good enough hockey players to provide value in any system. I think we'll get a boost for free when Hagelin comes back, his skating and puck possession behind the net will be invaluable. Hopefully Kreider gets some confidence, he's another name that could work out at some point.

I'm not advocating trading anyone quite yet but I wouldn't be surprised if MZA, Boyle, Girardi, etc. don't click.