Thread: Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Caps: Trade Del Zotto!!!
View Single Post
Old
10-17-2013, 05:11 AM
Blue Blooded

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Good win.

It says very little of where we are at. Even the worst teams in this league win their fair share of games. We play NJ next, they are a sneaky team and if a team is flawed they can expose it.

But nevertheless, its awsome to see not only a 2-0 win, but also a 36-22 shot advantage. To see us carry the play for stretches etc.
The worst teams in the league very rarely dominate a game like that when they win. They usually just hang with the opposition, or are even outplayed, and win through opportunism and/or good goaltending. We steamrolled the Caps last night.

This was the way I expected the Rangers to play coming in to this season and why I thought they would win the Metro division and challenge for the PT. This is also how I expected the Ranges to look against the Caps in last year's playoffs, because this is how the Rangers played for a big part of the 12-13 reg. season. Playing the way good teams play, keeping the opposition on their heels and dominate possession 5v5.

I hope, and believe, that these are the true NYR and that the road trip out west, like in 11-12, was an exception from the norm. Though the disastrous games still crowd out the good ones. Keep it rolling guys!

Blue Blooded is offline   Reply With Quote