View Single Post
Old
10-17-2013, 08:28 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
I also love the argument that supposedly since nobody killed Brad Stuart or Troy Brouwer, every team we face will turn into goons and cheapshot everyone on our team. It's as if saying legalizing gay marriage will turn people gay. Brad Stuart isn't a clean player, Brouwer has had his dirty moments, etc. If Dylan McIlrath, Mike Rupp, Brian McGrattan, and Georges Laraque were all on the team, the hit still would have happened. I would love as much as anyone else for the guys to all fight for each other, but it's not an end all factor of the game that will turn this team into a contender.
You want to believe that, that's your business. How many times do players on the Bruins vs Kings get run vs the Rangers? I guess it's all just one big coincidence. Ference on McDonagh, Lucic on Nash, Ovi on McDonagh, Lucic on Stralman, Stuart on Nash, Troy Brouwer not caring to take one extra stride. Just "happens to everyone".

And Rupp, McGrattan, Laracque are obviously not an answer. It's a team concept and its about having your skill players have some grit (if they aren't Malkin). It's about your bottom six having young guys who can skate, hit and mix it up like Martin.