View Single Post
Old
10-17-2013, 10:34 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I don't know what you're asking for in your last few posts.

This team, this organization, has had trouble scoring goals since Jagr and his boys left. Its largely because they've lacked an abundance of goal scorers.

I don't know how you expect the Rangers to magically score more goals in the playoffs, where it is traditionally tougher to score.
In the case of Tortorella, a gameplan that allowed the team to move the puck up the ice so they can dump it and get in on the forecheck. I wouldn't really start by saying the goals suffered in the playoffs. Rather, the offensive opportunities suffered in the playoffs. Obviously that means the goals suffered too. Playoff games are exercises in momentum. Forecheck and offensive opportunities create momentum in your favor. Being stuck in your zone and having to dump and change once you finally get it out creates momentum in the other team's favor. Too often in the playoffs the last 3 years, the other team controlled the momentum.

It wouldn't have required a whole new system from Torts. Just a tweaking of the one they were playing. He showed that he had no interest in doing that (and again, I'm not faulting him. It's not easy to do that kind of thing). He wasn't going to tweak and what was happening wasn't working, so he had to go.