View Single Post
Old
10-17-2013, 02:16 PM
blinds

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
Voracek also wasn`t part of the team that came back against Boston, so he doesn`t have the same firsthand experience to relate back to.

I can see where Giroux`s coming from. I missed the Carolina game, but every other game I thought the Flyers did just about everything right outside of scoring goals. The penalty kill against Detroit was embarrassing, but I was happy with pretty much everything else. They very well could have won 5 of their first 7 games.

Now, if the next seven games go like the first seven, we`re looking at the real possibility that the Flyers are the worst team in the NHL. If they can start putting the puck in the net, though, I can see them turning things around given how well they have actually payed 5-on-5 this year.

They`ve seemingly gone from a terrible team at 5-on-5 who can score goals in bunches to a pretty good team 5-on-5 who couldn`t score three goals to save their collective lives.
It's actually pretty impressive how quickly this team's identity swapped. Special team studs, terrible goaltending/defense, terrible ES play, stellar forwards to awful special teams, great goaltending, good defense, good ES play and terrible forwards. Too bad the results aren't as impressive as the switch.