Thread: Team toughness
View Single Post
Old
10-17-2013, 01:53 PM
savebyrichter420

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Sides View Post
I agree, as to why I said bite the bullet, if there are not enough skilled AHL players that are ready, then bring up the players that make the most sense when added to what they have.

What looks better and more like something that could be combined to make an identity, or at least combined to make a line that makes some sense?

Boyle, Dorsett, Pyatt, Moore, Miller, Fast

Or

Boyle, Dorsett, Pyatt, Moore, Haley, Mashinter

The bottom line are not scoring anyway so why not put them to use and at least have some tougher guys who would at least maybe distract the other team a bit if they forecheck well enough.

Not saying it would work but I just don't see the point of bringing up skill players and sticking them with the lesser skilled current NHLers and expecting them to develop.

Either let the skilled guys develop together in the AHL or bring them up with the purpose of playing them with other skilled players. If not bring up the tougher guys who are older anyway and try to build at least a line that makes some sense.

For example lets say they move Miller up the lines, who do they drop down that makes sense? Zucc playing with Boyle, Pyatt, Dorsett?

There just seem to be no continuity.
Yep, couldn't really have said it any better myself. This is why when they called up Miller only to put him on the 4th line I was confused as to why Haley or Mashinter didn't get the call. I think it was more about calling up a guy who AV could move up in the lineup. If we continued to struggle he could use him as a means to send a message to the skill players not producing as opposed to actually calling up a banger for that 4th line.