View Single Post
Old
12-06-2006, 02:26 PM
Hab-a-maniac

vCash: 500
Whenever we play the Devils even well, things fall apart. Last season, we had our first meeting in New Jersey looking good as we fought back from down 2-1 to take a 3-2 lead in the second only to see it unravel into a 3rd period debacle and we lost 5-3 (thanks Theo, who i recall was brutal on the winner). Then the 3-2 loss in Montreal was like this year's 2-1 loss; Habs controlling the play, Devils making most of their chances, Brodeur on fire. The 5-4 loss in Jersey was becoming a farce early on with Theo absolutely a sieve and it was 5-1 midway through the 2nd (i got so mad i slammed the remote and nearly broke it) but we fought back to make it a close one.

Then the final game was another screw-up as we coughed up the 3-0 lead in the third... then again, that wouldn't have occurred if we had to win that one to make it in and the Devils didn't have to win to take their division. Thankfully, Washington had already done us the favour by beating the Thrashers the night before. The memories of losing to the Devils are painful and it just doesn't end. It's to be expected we would struggle vs. them since they have finished with a better record than us in each year since 1996. But to the extent we have? Especially in Jersey. Ugh, it's terrible and I don't see it changing. With Abby being thrown to the wolves, our D currently playing dreadful and the fact our offense can't solve Brodeur... I say we lose this one 3-2... in regulation