View Single Post
Old
01-18-2004, 05:39 AM
stanley

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
Where do you see anybody making fun of Toronto fans? Where do you see any personal attacks? Show me anywhere in this entire thread where anybody 1) Insulted anybody directly, 2) Had a negative comment about Toronto fans in general. We're all having a little fun here, and I'm not particularly sure why you felt a need to come in here and act so offended. It was a silly post, and as silly posts do, it attracted a bit of sarcasm. No need to get bent out of shape.

You're reading a lot into what is being said here, dude. And, in fact, the only personal attack in this entire thread is your own post.
I think what happened is that somebody regularly present on the Flyer board wrote something which could fairly be called "antagonistic." You won't find it in this thread. He apparently deleted the post (it was quoted, although I can't say for certain whether or not it existed in this thread or another), but not before somebody quoted him.

I don't think the post you quoted was directed at you, Darth, although I think it would be a good idea for everybody to address people by name where required to relieve the confusion.

As for the topic, I think having Klee and Kaberle out of the lineup hurt them more than it seems against Philadelphia. The Flyers seem to believe they can pressure the Leaf defense - with or without those two - and over the last handful of games, it would hard to argue the effectiveness of that plan. Adding one good defenseman would go a long way.

Getting healthy would go even further.