View Single Post
Old
12-06-2006, 06:38 PM
Joretus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVIsles View Post
also kind of a ******** off-topic question,, but I bought a pair of skates a few years ago, I think I got them sharpened but never used them, should I get them sharpened again? How do I know when to get them sharpened?
First of all as some1 mentioned you should check if those have rust, that's first step. If not, then those should be ok. You can have couple of tests when you should sharpen up your skates again.

Take one of your skates and turn it so you can use one of your fingernails for test how sharp blades are. You should pull your finger so that blade could slice your fingernail. Blades are sharpen enough as long as those will slice your fingernails. You can try couple of areas like that, ie. front of blade, middle of, back and of course both sides(inside/outside).

There is some other things too which should be considered when you are playing "for real", but when you are just starting that's enough.

Note for any1 who is starting skating take always some rag with you when going to skate, then after skating dry your blades. Then when you will go at home put those skates ie against some wall and dry again a bit later and then you won't have any rust.

Good luck for any1 who is starting to learn skating/hockey, it's hard ,but a lot of fun. I personally learned to skate at age of 2 and I think I fell down a lot back then. And as others have pointed out, first you should learn skating well before taking stick with you.

Joretus is offline   Reply With Quote