Thread: Team toughness
View Single Post
Old
10-18-2013, 09:24 AM
Off Sides

vCash: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
The roster completely flipped. Theres a new coach. It takes time to gel and be the type of team you want them to be.

People are still referencing the Drury and Gaborik hits from 4 or 5 years ago to make a point. Seriously? Theres less than 5 players on the current roster that were on those teams.
Girardi was on the ice when Stepan was hit, same for when Gaborik was.

I like Girardi one of my favorite Rangers but if this team is ever going to be a true contender, which takes a true team, they are going to have to make some real tough choices.

If they want to be a Boston they are hopeless without a true rebuild, they have some parts to that type of team, mostly two centers who can almost look like Boston's. Other than that they have the goalie.

If they want to look like a Chicago, they are hopeless as well. They need a real rebuild a couple top picks and that is just not going to happen.

At the very least and at the very best they have to become a team and play greater than the sum of their parts. It's still not going to be great but going through a season or multiple season soft, lacking skill and with no direction towards anything is really tiresome to me. Am I complaining, yes, am I also trying to converse without telling people they are ignorant or wrong? I assumed that it what this message board was for?