View Single Post
Old
10-18-2013, 10:49 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistachio View Post
Zuccarello needs to play point on the powerplay and a moving wing. He does not need to play the way AV is playing him, against the board. That's why he's on his ass all the time. When AV took over, I was hoping Zucc would have it easier. Torts also liked to play him after telling everyone "PLAY IT UP THE BOARDS AND DUMP IT IN". It's the same story this year, and it doesn't suit Zuccarello at all.

Look at all the west coast teams. Look how they are playing the puck out of their own zone. Through the middle. Quick accurate passes from one side to the other. Rangers keep playing it around the boards and into Zuccarello who's there at the boards with a 6"2' player on his ass. What's he going to do? Only thing he can do is touch it to avvoid icing, or try and play it and go on his ass. Even then, when he does manage to play it, Pouliot gets it and instantly gives it away again.

Let Zuccarello be Zuccarello. Even Pouliot is the type of player who does not at all like the style of play that line has been playing. Board play is a no-no. Let them use their skill with the puck and let them have some room to make the plays.
The team tried to open it up the first few games. Zuccarello was non-existent then too, and they proceeded to get destroyed.

I don't agree with what you're saying in the least -- I just don't think Zuccarello is good enough to be a consistent NHL talent. But even more importantly, the coach is going to do whats good for the team, not whats good for Mats Zuccarello.

You know what would be the perfect way to start playing the type of hockey you endorse? Get players that are better than Zuccarello.