View Single Post
Old
10-18-2013, 10:49 AM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
Not the last game, I've seen all kinds of strange lines. His salary is lower than it should have been, peanuts compared to what he left in the KHL. Zucc has definitely trade value, I doubt we'll see him on waivers. But he probably stays here, 6 games on the downside is nothing. Fire the coach, I dont like him.
What he could have made in the KHL isn't relevant. He'd be a bigger fish in a smaller pond there. KHL teams would pay for his name as much as his talent. In the NHL, he's just another player. His popularity in Norway/Europe has no bearing on how much he makes. 1.15 mil is more than fair for a player who has never played a full season in the NHL.

That being said, I don't understand why people are so down on Zucc. Everyone loved the Pouliot-Brass-Zucc line in the pre-season. Zucc hasn't scored, but he's played well enough in other areas of the game. We're only 6 games into the season and the entire team has been awful in most of them, so for now I'm willing to give Zucc a pass on the scoring. Hopefully he can get it going soon.

In any case, this whole discussion is kind of moot. Nash is out for who knows how long. Cally is going to miss up to a month. Hagelin is still a week and a half away. I don't see Zucc being waived any time soon.