Thread: Team toughness
View Single Post
Old
10-18-2013, 11:07 AM
savebyrichter420

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Sides View Post
But everything and everyone's posts just gets lumped together, say the team is soft and you get responses like oh you just like goons or why don't you go to Hockeyfights.
I agree. When people don't really have anything of substance to contribute they cling to the tactic of taking it to an extreme point of view never implied by the poster they disagreed with. Same thing happened just because I said Zuc needed to put up points to be effective. It became more about me and not the point I was making. They also said it meant I thought Boyle and company were so much better and again my intelligence etc. was called into question.

I didn't quote it but I also agree with what you said about that series against the Sens. Neil almost single handedly fed us our lunch and his efforts not only lifted but carried his team!

What's really funny is that what set the tone for their team and started the whole thing was Carkner flat out jumping Boyle and sticking up for his team to send a message that it wasn't going to be tolerated. I'm pretty sure nobody said "way to go dummy, who told you to have my back"! According to some in this thread actions like that have no bearing or positive effects and Carkner's only concern should have been taking an extra penalty. I would argue that was direct evidence to the opposite considering it sparked them to take a #1 seed to a game 7!

Last edited by savebyrichter420: 10-18-2013 at 11:15 AM.