View Single Post
Old
10-18-2013, 11:07 AM
Canada4Gold1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey jockey View Post
I think your close , this time last year you could tell Moncton was heads above the rest. I am surprised where Mirimichi is are they that good or playing over there heads.The other surprise is Fredericton they can't score in 7 games they have only managed 18 goals.
The top 3 that he listed all have at least two lines that have been scoring. The bottom three: Only Larter and Arsenault are scoring for Charlottetown (Gallant has disappeared), Daley and Thompkins for the most part are Fredericton's offence, and Kensington doesn't have an offensively talented team. It's hard to win games when you need to rely on 2-3 forwards out of the 12 you have to win you games and neither of these teams have strong goaltending outside of MacCallum of Charlottetown.

The big reason I think that Miramichi is playing the way they are is because they have put a team together that cares about winning. Last year, they had 4-5 players that only cared about how much playing time they got, how good their own stats were and didn't care whether the team won or lost. You can see from the games that they are playing hard each shift and it helps a lot when their goaltending has been stellar each game. They do need to work on their power play a lot though or it could be because they didn't have their top two lines on the PP much but that will need to change (0 for 10 against Kensington could have cost them the game).

Canada4Gold1 is offline   Reply With Quote