Thread: lines (merged)
View Single Post
Old
12-07-2006, 11:22 AM
westcoast habsfan

vCash: 500
Carbo is the most patient I've ever seen in my life. Most players complain because coaches switch up lines too often, not Carbo. He keeps coming back to the same lines over and over. Yesterday, he told the Montreal Gazette that he didn't think it was fair to the first and third lines to break them up because they were playing really well together and the other two lines basically need to work harder.

I don't see what fairness has to do with it. Bonk, Koivu, Johnson and Perezhogin are all playing great hockey right now and in fairness to the team they should be mixed and matched with other players to get all of the lines going. I'd take anything at this point. I was thinking about this last night:

Latendresse-Koivu-Johnson
Samsonov-Bonk-Ryder
Perezhogin-Plekanec-Kovalev
Begin-?-Streit

or switch Johnson and Kovalev so Kovy plays with Koivu. I don't care at this point. I mean I love the PB & J line but something has to give so that we can get four lines going.

Zhogy and Pleks played well together last year, Bonk would bring some size, defensive stability, and a presence in front of the net for both Sammy and Ryder, while Johnson adds a skill player with a solid defensive conscious for the #1 line.

Right now, we have no fourth line centre. Murray is just not up to the task, and I just can't believe that Carbo and Gainey can't see that. I don't know why they're sticking with the guy. Until Higgins comes back we're only at 22 players on our roster and we have the cap room to bring someone up from Hamilton to give them a test run on the 4th line. So we have roster space and cap room and we're doing nothing? I just don't get it. Lapierre and Grabovsky should at least be given a look.

I think the most frustrating aspect of all this is this: despite our problems we're 15-8-4 and sit 4th in the conference with the third best point totals and either an equal amount of games played with teams trying to catch us or we have games in hand. We have very solid specialty teams.

Now, if only we can get more from these guys than one line and whoever plays with Koivu...

westcoast habsfan is offline   Reply With Quote