View Single Post
Old
12-07-2006, 12:32 PM
mcphee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roy munson View Post
Fair enough... I should've said that Souray's mistakes (defense and penalty) made him directly involved with these goals (like the other four habs on the ice at that time). What I mean is that he seems to be involved a lot... What is he now -10, -9 ? Not the worst of the team, but amongst them. I see what you mean, but games CAN be lost or won on a single play. Especially one like last night.

But I agree that if Kovy and Sammy (and Ryder, etc, ...) didn't miss so much chances (or finished their play) we probably wouldn't be talking about Souray today (except where trades are concerned...)
I don't see it like that. In ot, you're trying to win a point, you don't lose one. Souray tried to make an offensive play and had to hook on the way back. It was a calculated gamble. They win the faceoff or block the shot, it's a shootout, where with Brodeur, I'd think NJ would be the favorite. I have no problem with him taking a shot at making an offensive play. Most ot goals,4 on 4 are usually when a d can't get back, or make a change, Souray has his flaws, but I have no problem with him last night.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote