View Single Post
Old
10-19-2013, 03:00 AM
sparkle twin
On the Coooole Train

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
I am so sick and tired of this love affair being heaped on suter. I swear, for years Preds fans told people he was a really good defenseman but no one really believed anyone. Now that he's gone from here it's like OMG HE'S THE BEST DEFENSEMAN EVER TO WALK THE EARTH!!!!!! In the Hockey News there is an article lamenting the voting in the Norris trophy. How voters are being blinded by the flashy offensive numbers and they need to get back to voting for the guy who plays defense first. And it's such an outrage that suter didn't win it last season because he plays the most minutes of anyone!!!!! Even on the main page there is a thread about the best defensive dman and I would say about 85-90% have "suter for me", the ever popular AINEC, and that he was robbed in the Norris voting last year. Almost 150 posts and maybe 5 even mention Weber's name.

Well **** that. Where was the outrage about Weber not winning it when everyone was slobbering all over Karlsson and his point total? Meanwhile, Weber and Karlsson BOTH finished with 19 goals that year. Everyone said Karlsson was sooo deserving and we were just bitter homers.

Oh but hey, Weber was just voted as one of the top 10 best dressed NHL players by Vanity Fair. So I guess that's something....

Last edited by sparkle twin: 10-19-2013 at 03:23 AM.
sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote