View Single Post
Old
12-07-2006, 01:30 PM
Slew Foots
Haters gonna hate

vCash: 500
It amazes me that some people still seem to think Murray has a place on the team.

He was brought into the NHL last season with practically no experience because we didn't have any other options for the fourth line at the time. That's not the case anymore.

Do his 70-something NHL games justify his place in the lineup vs. a guy like Lapierre, or Ferland? I don't think so. Is he a better fighter than these guys? I don't think so. Is he any faster than these guys? I don't think so. These are my opinions, so they don't count for anything.

However, go look at what Lapierre and Murray did while both were playing with the Dogs last season. Look at the stats. Lapierre outperformed Murray in every respect (including penalty minutes per game), except age. Lapierre, as a first year pro, outplayed Murray, a 4th year pro. Lapierre was better than Murray last season!

Now look at Lapierre this year. When has Garth Murray ever even come remotely close to producing those numbers in the AHL?

Lapierre, as a 21 year old, is already much better than Garth will ever be. Let's call up Lapierre RIGHT NOW so that he gets enough games in on the 4th line to be ready for the final stretch this season. I don't see any point in keeping Garth on the team.

Garth, thanks for helping us last season, but we don't need you anymore. Good luck elsewhere.

Last edited by Slew Foots: 12-07-2006 at 01:40 PM.
Slew Foots is offline   Reply With Quote