View Single Post
Old
01-18-2004, 10:11 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
This organization does not owe Dale anything. If other teams thought that he could be or is a top six defenseman he would have been traded. Sather doesn't want to lose a player for nothing. And Dale is affordable that a team needing a goon would snatch him up in a second.

My point is, if Dale loves being a Ranger so much, he had nothing to lose by going to Hartford. Maybe if he played well in Hartford, there would be a body of work to judge him on. Maybe if Dale went to Hartfrod and played like the guy from the first half of last season, Sather might have been inclined to sit a Malakhov or a Poti or a Mironov in favor of Dale.

But I guess sitting in the press box has done Dale some good. He dug up the rule on blood on the jersey. And he should have. Hell he should have the entire rule book memorized by know!

Look, I like Dale. I love his love for the Rangers. He has been a lot better than I expected. He is also fresh. He is not good enough to play every game. He is not a good enough skater to be a top 6 defenseman. There was no positive for not going to Hartford.
Sorry, I don't agree with you here either. Do you truly think Sather would have sat anyone? I don't. Not when the coach says that benching players who make mistakes is not productive. Sather hasn't benched ANY defensemen for poor play this year. Dale was going to be sitting until Sather had no other choice. Nothing Dale could have done in Hartford would have changed it.