Thread: Team toughness
View Single Post
Old
10-19-2013, 04:49 PM
Leetch66

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
I'm sorry but Boulton and Carkner should not be that intimidating. Sure they can beat the daylights out of anyone on our team but they're marginal players at best.

On the question of how tough the current Rangers are?--they are not tough at all and I do see that as a big problem. Instead of using the Islanders as an example as you do I'd rather point out a much more successful team like the Bruins who do have physical players who can play and who can and do intimidate those teams that are not tough enough--the Rangers being one of them. Lucic just for one example is a huge almost nuclearic advantage for them that the Rangers clearly have no answer for apart from maybe McIlrath but that seems down the road a bit.

The thing though that you don't seem to be getting is that employing goons that can't play at the NHL level does not help our team. What we have to do is find guys like Matt Martin who can play. As for Mashinter and Haley--can't be any worse than Powe or Pyatt--I'm all for it but keep in mind Haley is a middleweight and Mashinter's not that frequent a fighter--so keep your expectations on an even keel and that for them to be worthwhile they'll have to do more than just fight--they'll need to contribute in other ways.
Pretty good summary ....but highly doubt the Isles will dress all 3 against the Rangers ...heck...why would they ??? Martin alone would be more than enough to handle anybody on our roster . Bickel should be playing as a 4th liner every night .