View Single Post
Old
01-18-2004, 11:49 AM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

vCash: 500
I suppose I'm in the minority here, but I think that Komisarek has been doing fine.

He hasn't been getting worse, nor does his confidence seem particularly fragile. He has good games and bad games, and it's all part of the learning curve. He hasn't been hurting the team -- in fact, it's been winning consistently with him in the line-up, and he is a +3 on the season.

His main problems are that he sometimes makes bad decisions, and he sometimes gets out of position. I don't think that Hamilton is the best place to improve these areas because he will not be exposed to the speed and timing of the NHL game. Playing 30 minutes a game in the AHL, against unripened prospects and career-minor-leaguers, may inflate his confidence, but it won't help much when it comes to learning the NHL game.

It's just a question of whether he's ready to learn at the NHL level. From what I've seen of him, he is getting better over-all, but not necessarily from game to game. Paired with Rivet, who has been a rock the past few games, is the same rite of passage that Markov and even Bouwmeester have gone through.

There will be a tough decision whenever Markov returns, but he's doing fine for now, IMO.