View Single Post
Old
10-19-2013, 10:56 PM
Andy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Another game where I wouldn't argue vehemently against mediocre or good. I vote good, but see what you think after watching. Again, "efficiency"-wise (1/6 on the PK isn't bad, number of shots ES - 26 vs 23 - wasn't bad, number of quality scoring chances wasn't obscene, number of odd-man rushes wasn't out of control, etc), and in terms of managing a tie game for 3/4 of the game, my first inclination is to vote 'good'. Team defense (I feel we base this mostly on the performance of the 6 guys right in front of Price, but I might be wrong) could drag someone's overall evaluation down to 'mediocre', though, and I guess that would be fair.
Citing the PK doesn't say much. The habs killed off all three penalties against the nucks and all 5 against the Jets, but still didn't play well defensively.

Also, the Canadiens took almost half of their shots in the third period.

Like was mentioned by many in the GDT, the habs deserved to lose and the game was only close because of some key stops made by Price who was peppered for a good two periods.

No way the defense was "good". I don't see how the defense could have been good, when it was almost unanimous that Subban and Markov played some of their worse games this season, and that Boullion, Gorges and Diaz struggled all game long.