View Single Post
Old
10-19-2013, 11:58 PM
mercury

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
They need that OLB that every good 3-4 team has. They were eyeing up Dion Jordan and missed out last draft. Anthony Barr is a stud, but barring a collapse, they have no shot at him. Everyone will point to the secondary being awful (they aren't good), but the biggest concern to me is a lack of pass rush. They bring four, they get stoned. They bring six, they get stuffed. A good pass rush is the best pass defense in today's NFL. Barwin is a nice player, I like him, but he shouldn't be your number one threat. Cole is done. Graham has been quiet, and Casey Matthews is the other backup (enough said). They need that guy on the backside that is going to force an offense to gameplan- to double him or leave their LT on the island.

As much as they could use that QB of the future, they are averaging almost 30 points/game with hardly any additions from last year. Who knows. Maybe Foles goes on some historic run and QB isn't even a question. I don't think it's likely but you never know. Bottomline, this team is going to score points with Chip at the helm. They still have so many needs. They could go in a number of different ways. You aren't going to get a stud OLB in free agency, you have to draft those guys. The QB class has the potential to be very deep. They all won't come out but their will be an opportunity to get both. There is still a long way to go. Some of this will play itself out. Should be fun.
What do you think of Boseko Lokombo out of Oregon? He seems like he will be around in the middle rounds, and he is super-athletic. I am sure Chip would be interested if he is there at a spot that makes sense. I see the Eagles looking at DT/NT and WR for sure on Day 1. And QB, if we don't think we have the starter of the future on the roster now. Maybe it's just having spent half of my life under the Andy Reid regime, but I don't see the Eagles going LB in the 1st round.