View Single Post
Old
10-20-2013, 12:43 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

vCash: 50
Biron and the geography of an NHL career

Since Biron announced his retirement, I looked over his career numbers and was surprised that he never played farther than 100 miles from the state of NY; I guess I somehow got it into my head he was more of a journeyman. This made me wonder -- and I apologize if this question is poorly phrased -- whether any player has had to move over a smaller area for each team change when they played on >2 teams? The only thing I could think of is if a player played for both NY teams and NJ but no other franchises, since I can't think of other NHL "triumverates" (ie, all 3 California teams) that have smaller distances between them.

Also, is it unrealistic to say that Biron has logged less travel time than any other player with more 600 games that played for more than two teams? Atlantic teams always end up at the bottom of distance traveled and I'd assume Buffalo is relatively low, and Biron played a lot of games in the (thankfully brief) era when division teams played each other eight times per season.

WarriorOfGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote