View Single Post
Old
10-20-2013, 12:50 PM
FlyersFan61290

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
I agree, but one of them will be scratched. Why reward solid, productive effort?

I missed the 2nd period of the Pens game, and the main problem was that they tried to match Raffl-Schenn-Simmonds with Kimmo and Gus vs. Malkin's line and got dominated. There was a clear penalty on Jokinen's goal too. IF Matt Read could have done anything with his great odd man breaks, it might have been a different game. Still, McGinn and Raffl looked very good again. Too good to scratch, I agree, but Berube might want some muscle vs. the Rangers.
I hope this isn't true but I guess we'll find out on Thursday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
These injuries could frankly have been a blessing is disguise for the lineup as if there is common sense used when everyone is back Rosehill and Newbury will not be close to the team:

Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
Schenn-Lecavalier-Simmonds
Raffl/McGinn-Couturier-Read
Talbot/Raffl-Hall/Talbot-Rinaldo

Looks a pretty great 12 any way it is spliced... just a question of who sits/is sent down? Hall, McGinn or Raffl... as I cannot see any of the others not playing.
I would say Hall. He's not playing much and hasn't been great in FO dot like he normally is. I would just move Talbot back to center since he's actually been better in percentage wise in his limited opportunities this year. What would suck is replacing Hall's pk minutes. Right now G isn't playing as much as he normally would because we have Hall, Talbot, Read and Couts to take most of those minutes. If Hall is gone it would mean G would have to step up cause the team doesn't really have other options, though maybe Rinaldo could finally get his shot.

I agree, that is a much better lineup.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote