View Single Post
Old
10-20-2013, 02:22 PM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
Although the issues with this team obviously stem from much more then the Nash trade that's where it all began for me. Lost a lot of quality depth and complementary players for a star player. Ignoring context that wasn't a bad move but since I've watched Tortorella with the Rangers he's always been a guy who made a Rangers team that revolved around quality depth and defensive acumen play to their strengths. He turned it into a really hard team to score against that usually didn't need a lot of goal production to win. By losing players like Dubinsky, Anisimov, Prust, Fedotenko, etc. that went against what the team was about and tried to make it into something it wasn't. Then they fired the guy who made it work to a degree and replaced it with a totally different coach that isn't fit for this type of roster in my opinion.

Guys like Pouliot and Zuc should never be depended upon to be scorers ever. Pouliot has never cemented himself a true top six scoring role and that's for good reason. Lots of skill and can chip in every once in a while but he's a third liner in ideal circumstances and Zuc just can't seem to translate his skill to the NHL level fully.

Even when Nash comes back those problems will still be present (though I think Hagelin will be a good relief) and we'll have to see if those concussion issues linger as they tend to sometimes do.

It's also worth noting that the prospect pool hasn't worked out as most would have hoped and the organization as a whole is really lacking in offensive D. The extent of their offensive presence on D is really limited to just Del Zotto at the moment.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote