View Single Post
Old
10-20-2013, 02:24 PM
Savant

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
How do we blow things up?
Been watching the Jets game. Going in and out of HF.

I actually started a thread on how I would attempt to rebuild like a week and a half ago.

Think the team has a lot of options. The only players I keep untouchable are Stepan, McDonagh and Richards because of the amnesty.

I already mentioned I would trade Nash. My first call is to Toronto knowing Nash would waive for Toronto and they would give up assets. Maybe you get JVR or Lupul with Gardiner or Franson maybe Reimer gets thrown around. Whatever.

Ryan Callahan I trade if he wants Dustin Brown money. If he wants anything over a cap hit of 5.3 I don't think the rangers can afford to keep him. Call up Colorado, might want some vet leadership. They also like Del Zotto. Why not Callahan, Del Zotto and Pyatt for O'Reilly Downie and Barrie.

Henrik if he won't sign by trade deadline I absolutely trade because I think it is very naive to think he is a lock to resign. You move him for a 1st a young nhl ready goalie and an expiring contract. Maybe like a Jake Allen type (first guy that came to mind).

Would trade Dan Girardi for either a better Bouwmeester offer (first and two prospects) or you can try to get someone established. Girardi for Purcell and a pick? Maybe Girardi to Detroit to get a guy like Smith back with more.

Would also trade Hagelin in any deal to upgrade the top six. I think Hagelin is really a third line winger and if you can package him to upgrade too six you do it.

Basically Rangers should be rebuilding by targeting players under team control and aren't overpaid for what they offer the team. This is a little jumbled but maybe later I expand a bit.