Old
10-20-2013, 05:47 PM
Maineice11

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Why are people calling out management for 'terrible player development'

Does anyone look at the ****ing circumstances right now with injuries? You act as if these players are Bantam level. They are PRO's who are signed to contracts and in the case of injury, or needing a spark you CALL THEM UP.

I don't agree with Pyatt getting 17 minutes of ice time or playing on the power play, but that is an entirely different story.

The situation is what is ****ed up right now. You go with what you have. The SITUATION needs to be dramatically changed. Trades, etc.
I agree with you on this. Would it be ideal to get Kreids, Miller, etc at least a month or 2 of straight play down in the AHL to get real comfortable and then get called up to the NHL? Yes, but with all the injuries we have in our top 6, you need them and this team barely had a pulse against the Devils.

So far the regular season play of Miller has not been real impressive, he has not stood out to me as he did in the preseason.

I am interested to see the lines that get constructed by AV, he said he wants to be able to play Kreider top 6 minutes if he is up here, so I expect that, hopefully it happens because that is where he will succeed. That said, he may have a bumpy start, but I just read Ranger Rants (Andrew Gross's blog) that Kreider looks spectacular in the practices with NYR (this based off preseason, i'd assume), and he just needs to put it together in the game. So let's see what he can do on Thursday night.

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote