Old
10-20-2013, 08:20 PM
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Carle Place View Post
No.

I don't know how anyone could stand the way this team played under Torts. Torts' firing may be the best thing to happen to this team IN THE LONG RUN because he was able to concoct a winning team and mask the deficiencies in this organization, albeit using a system that made it an absolute chore to watch this team. With Torts it was like we were stuck in neutral; winning games but not performing well enough to win it all. Now that he is gone we can truly see the glaring weakness in the organization and HOPEFULLY changes will be made (won't hold my breath).

That said, obviously Sather needs to go. Gorton shouldn't be blamed for Sather's idiocies. I think Gorton could get this team back on track, but it'll probably take Sather to be six feet under in order to do so.
Couldn't disagree more. Torts team could be frustrating because our offensive talent was lacking but that wasn't actually Torts' fault. Certain key guys never seemed to be able to perform at the same time as others, so we always seemed like a one threat team, but Torts' team had a great identity, you knew they were going to be tough to play against and it was easy to be proud of then and have pride in being a Rangers fan, even if we weren't a powerhouse because we were the blue collar blue shirts.

Ollie Queen is online now   Reply With Quote